It’s important for businesses that strive for sustainability and continuous improvement that they audit their progress along the way. They have two options when doing so, the can appoint someone within the business to perform the audit or bring in an outside, unbiased party. Having someone outside the business provides an impartial viewpoint on your progress toward your goal(s). Our consultants provide the knowledge and experience you’re seeking to ensure you’re on the right path to success.
The Audit Process
In general, a typical audit includes the following sequential steps:
- Scheduling an opening conference to discuss the audit objectives, timing, and report format and distribution.
- Assessing the soundness of the internal controls or business systems and operations.
- Testing the internal controls to ensure proper operation.
- Discussing with management all preliminary observations.
- Discussing with management the draft audit report and their responses, if available, prior to release of the final audit report.
- Following up on critical issues raised in audit reports to determine if they have been successfully resolved.
Types of Audits Performed
- Operational Audits
- 5S / 6S Audits
- Quality Audits
- Standard Operating Procedure Adherence Audits
- ISO Preparation Audits